Ramen NOODLE Pizza!
– Hey, I’m Christian. – I’m Alyssia. – And welcome to Eat the Pizza. – And today, we are making
a New Year’s noodle pizza. – That’s a, wha? – You heard right, we’re
making noodle pizza. Let me explain it to ya. So I was thinking about New Year’s foods. And I was like, Mom used to
always make black eyed peas. Er, I’m not making a
black eyed peas pizza. Then I thought about grapes. We always do the grapes tradition. Grape pizza?
– [Christian] Grape pizza. – Come on. So then, I started
researching New Year’s foods on Google, and I came across noodles. So we’re not just talking
about any noodles. We’re talking about soba noodles. Long noodles equals long life. – Ah.
– That’s where the tradition comes from.
– New Year’s. – But then I started looking, I Googled how to make soba noodles. Not so easy. So I decided we’re just
gonna take inspiration from the noodle ingredient
and make a noodle pizza. And then, I found a guy, Mr. Food, who made a ramen noodle pizza. And we’re gonna make that today. – Wow. – So this is his recipe.
– Wow. – Or her recipe. Thank you, Mr. Food. – Wow. – Let’s do it. – Let’s do it. – We’re bringing some water to a boil to boil our noods, and we are
also cutting our toppings. Which I need some onion goggles. – Oops. (fast-paced rock music) – Also, we forgot to tell ya, hope ya had a Merry Christmas. – And a Happy Holidays,
whatever you celebrate. Hope you enjoyed it.
– And Happy New Year, coming up. So we’re just putting some basic toppings onto our noodle pizza. We’re going with green bell pepper, onion, basil, and
mushrooms, and pepperoni. – Pepperoni. – Man, these googles really do the trick. Hold on. They’re not doing the trick as much. Ooh, ooh. (sighs) – [Christian] What?
– Smells so good. Smell it. – Oh, oh, no. I don’t want any of that. – You don’t like it?
– Nos, no. – You don’t like onions? – No, I don’t. For some reason, I don’t like
the smell of a fresh herb. It smells like dirt. – I love fresh herbs. Fresh he-he-he-he-herbs. – But also, I’m not a
basil-head, either, so. – Well, ya know what? You’re on a pizza channel, so get over it. So it’s time to boil the noods. – [Christian] Load ’em up. – All right, here we go. – [Christian] And the noodle in. – [Alyssia] And they only
go for two to three minutes. – [Christian] And a noodle in. – All right, don’t break the noods. – I’m not breaking ’em. – That’s a rule. – All right, who’s setting the timer? – Me. (beeping and dial-up tone) Got it. Now, I believe each of
these packets of flavor have about 500 milligrams of sodium. They’re also chicken-flavored, and I don’t know if we need this pizza to be super chicken-flavored.
– That’s true. (upbeat music) – So now, we are making
our binding mixture, which is gonna hold the
noodles together as our crust. We’ve got Parmesan cheese, the sandy kind. Two eggs. – [Christian] We’re gonna
do some oregano in here. One teaspoon, yes? – Sure. Yeah, go. I mean, I’m adjusting this a little bit. Their recipe said you don’t
need any of the flavor packets, but we’re gonna use a
little bit of the flavor. – And garlic. How much garlic you think? – Like a teaspoon. – [Christian] Oh, now
that’s a lot of garlic. Here we go. – [Alyssia] Here we go. (upbeat playful music) – Smells like Olive Garden breadsticks. – Oh, it does. – That’s exactly what it smells like. Spraying it down. – All right, we have to
turn this into a crust form. Hot noodles.
– [Christian] Spatula? – Hot noodles. The recipe recommends that
we put the toppings on now, bake it, and then put the cheese on. I’m okay with that. My main concern is I’m surprised you don’t have to bake
this a little bit first, but let’s just follow the recipe. – Let’s just follow the recipe, shall we? (upbeat dance music) – So let’s just bake the veggies ’cause then they’ll cook
through a little bit. Bake it for 25 minutes, pull it out, put the cheese on with
all the other stuff, and then
(clicks tongue) back into the oven.
– Let’s eat it. Into the oven it goes? – Into the over it goes. ♪ Sha-La-La-La ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ ♪ Sha-La-La-La ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ – And now, it’s time for
the Pizza Fact of the Day. What do we got today? – It’s a noodle fact. – Noodle fact?
– It’s a fact about ramen and soba. Traditionally, you are actually supposed to eat the noodles really, really fast. That’s a proper way to eat them because the broth is so hot that it continues to cook the noodles. So the chef wants you to
get the full experience by eating the noodles when
they’re perfectly cooked. Also, it’s a complement to slurp. Kind of like with my grandma, it was a complement when you burped. (burps) (laughter) – For the full benefits of the longevity and the magic of the New Year’s noodle, you’re supposed to
slurp the whole thing up without breaking or chewing it and swallow the whole thing whole. And then you get the full.
– In one bite. Do not break that noodle.
– Don’t even bite your noodle. – Or, in fact, it’s bad luck. – Don’t bite the noodle. – I just made that you,
it might not be bad luck. – Well, it’s not bad luck, but you’re gonna shorten your life. – You’re gonna shorten your luck. – All right, understood, thank you. – You’re welcome. ♪ Shoo-Be-Do-Do ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ ♪ Shoo-Be-Do-Do ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ Oh my gosh. – It’s becoming a crust for sure. – It’s becoming a crust. This is amazing.
– This is, like, ready to be a crust right now. – [Man] Baby. – Take it away. ♪ Welcome, welcome ♪ ♪ Congratulations to you ♪ ♪ Well done ♪ ♪ Sha-La-La-La ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ ♪ Sha-La-La-La ♪ ♪ Congratulations ♪ All right, so it was a
little bit challenging to get off the foil. If you make this, spray
your foil more then we did. – Spray it well. Spray it once.
– Spray it down real good. But I gotta say I’m impressed.
– It’s holding together. Yeah.
– I mean, we still have to cut it into pieces. (upbeat dance music) And now, it’s time. – To eat the pizza. – To eat the noodle pizza. – Are you kidding me with this? – I’m not kidding you.
– [Christian] Look at that. – [Alyssia] I’m being for real. – [Christian] Everybody seeing? – Okay, I can’t believe how
well this is holding together. (upbeat dance music) – That’s some noodle pizza. – Mm, that is noodly. – Almost wish it had more
of some rameny taste. But I guess it’s pizzay. – Don’t get me wrong, it
completely tastes like pizza. But the noodles are throwing
me off a little bit. It’s good.
– It’s an interesting texture. – It’s good, but. I need to do this with my eyes closed. Their texture is still the noodles. Like, there’s still, even
though they’re really crunchy on the outside, they’re
soft on the inside. So if you close your eyes,
it’s like your just eating, eating pizza ramen. I like it, but I like it
with the pizza stuff more. – Yeah, needs the pizza stuff. – M-hmm, yeah, I think maybe I’m so used to ramen being over, over salted.
– Yeah, very salty. – So the crust doesn’t have enough salt, but the rest of it does. And it tastes like pizza,
and it tastes like ramen. – Yep, it’s very good. – So mission accomplished. I do feel I can kinda
keep eating it though. It’s really, it is tasty.
– Yeah, I know. – It is tasty. Worth making for the novelty of it and the fact that this, I’m holding ramen noodles
as a pizza crust right now. – I know. – Pretty cool. – It’s pretty cool. – Okay. – Thank you so much for liking, commenting, and subscribing. – You can find this recipe
in the description box below. And follow us on all of our social media. We hope that you have a great New Year. Make some noodle pizza to celebrate. And we will see you.
– Happy New Year. – Happy New Year. And one, two, three. Happy New Year.
– Happy New Year. – And we will see you in 2019.
– Next time. See you next year, ha-ha.