Udon? Soba? Ramen? Pasta? What types of noodles do Japanese eat?
Cod roe. I like Miso. – Ramen.
– It has to be! Ramen, Udon, Soba, Pasta… what is your favorite type of noodles? That’s what we are gonna ask a couple of Japanese people here today so let’s go and ASK JAPANESE. What is your favorite type of noodles? Udon. With egg. Udon. Curry Udon. Udon with grated Japanese citrus. – I like Soba!
– Soba, I see. That’s somewhat very Japanese. I like spaghetti with cod roe. Japanese style spaghetti. I like Udon…. no Ramen! You switched to Ramen! I like the rich soup. I like Ramen. Tonkotsu Ramen is the best. – Ramen.
– Ramen is great. – What flavor do you like the most?
– I like soy sauce. I personally like Miso. – Ramen. Miso.
– Ramen. Miso Ramen. I like Tonkotsu Ramen. – Ramen. Probably Tonkotsu Ramen. – Ramen.
– It has to be! I like Tonkotsu Ramen! Yokohama style. Same for me. We both always go for Ramen together. He lets me try the same things. Could you recommend us a place? Kagetsu. In Shibuya there is a Ramen place called Kuroko. In Yokohama there is a good Ramen place called Shitaburi no buta. I like Ramen from Taishoken. A place called Nantsutte is tasty. Where can I find that place? Well we are from the Ibaraki prefecture… It’s at the south exit of Mitto station. That place is really delicious. I shall check it out once I go to Ibaraki. What was the most recent noodle dish you tried? – The pasta I just had.
– What was it? -Bolognese. I had seafood flavor Cup Noodles. – Was it nice?
– It was as nice as I expected it to be. – Soba.
– We had Soba. – What type did you have?
– Totoro (grated yam) from the Convini. – Convenience store?
– Yeah from there. Is the convenience store Soba nice? It would have to be Ramen after all. Where did you have it? My mum made it at home. I had spaghetti. – I had Ramen. – What type?
– Miso. – Was it good?
– Yes! We went to the Kawaii Monster Cafe and had Rainbow pasta. They had 5 different and tasty pasta sauces. They had cheese, butter, chilli sauce and such. Very tasty. Thanks so much. Looks like Ramen was the big winner amongst all the noodle dishes. Soba and Udon were on the second place and on the 4th place we had all pasta dishes. I guess it’s a little bit different in your country. So let me know, what type of noodles do you like the most? Also, we have asked more Japanese questions. Click the top right of the screen to find the other videos. Thank you for watching and catch you soon on Ask Japanese.