VÂN SƠN vào BẾP # 3 | Làm Món Cá Hamachi Sashimi Mời Danh Ca TUẤN NGỌC
[Cooking with Van Son]
Wow, look at those super big claws! [Asian & European cuisine]
This beaf is freaking good. [With his friends]
Let’s cut it to check how it was cooked. [and the celebrities]
Eating with hands, ok? – Look at its claw
– OMG Welcome back to my show “Cooking with Van Son”. Actually, I fell in love with cooking since I was a child. I was asked whether I joined any cooking classes or not, because I cook so well. I started helping my mom cook since 3rd grade. I really love cooking. When growing up, my love for cooking grows more and more. Because cooking allow you to eat good food. And you can adjust the dish by yourself. Let people eat whatever you cook. How happy it is. That’s why I really love cooking. One more thing, cooking is also a creative art. Only me and the food. I am happy when making good dishes for my family and friends. Today, I meet you again in the kitchen to introduce my ultimate favorite dish. A Japanese dish. Wait and see. Here. This is tuna fish fillet. In Japanese restaurant, it is called Hamachi. It is a tuna fillet, but yellow tail indeed. Because this tuna fish has yellow tail. And this is only the fillet, not the entire fish. All the best and richchest stay here – fish belly. The tuna fish may weigh up to 40 – 50 kilograms, but they just take this part. A little part. When eating sashimi or sushi, all must have their standards. Look at its standards. Premium grade and sashimi grade. Means eating raw. Sashimi grade. Yellowtail Loin. Product of Japan. Store at -18 celcius degree. This fish fillet looks like it is brought directly from the ocean. Extremely fresh. Because the customer will eat them fresh and directly. And this fish has special features. The most important thing when making sashimi, don’t let the fish touch cold water. Not any water from sink, only sea water, so I will wear gloves to cut the fish. Because I will put in on dish after done cutting. And serve immediately, so make sure to make this fish safe & no bacterias. Cutting board need to be clean. Put it here. Dry the fish steak by tissue paper. Clean all the water, maybe the remaining sweat when freezing the fish it’s still cold water when being taken out of the fridge. If we don’t do this step, the fish will smell so fishy. Wow, perfect. First, find where fish bones are. Usually, this fish has been prepared well and cut into fillets. The fishmonger checked so carefully. Hardly no bones left, but make sure by checking its backbone. At the edge, I still see something. It’s not the bone, but fish tendon. Master the fish fillet A good chef can cut it freestyle as what he want. But as an amateur, I will cut it into small pieces. The knife must always be clean and sharp. This dish is served instantly so the knife must be sharp. Cut it in half. Only one clear cut. Put it aside. This slice is so big, so I cut it in half again. Like this. And here. OK. Cut the fish bone out. I will explain why it is the best and the most expensive part of the fish. This belly part contains fat. This fillet on my hand has mostly 70% fat. Fish fat is different from meat fat, like pork or beef. Fish fat contains Omega 3, good for health. Eating fish fat won’t cause high cholesterol or high levels of fat in blood. Don’t be afraid of eating it. Now I will cut this fillet. Usually, they will slice it to avoid But sashimi shou Thic Cut each slice 0.5 cm to keep the flavor and freshness. Thinner cut is not Set aside those parts. Look so good. A sashimi must be thick like this. Must Done, get it on plate now. This is a specilized plate to serve sashimi at Pop Lounge restaurant. Lay a silver paper below, with ice inside. Move on to the garnishing step. I will decorate with some lemon slices. Lemon is eaten with fish too. Slice them as thin as possible. Then, add a little shrimp eggs. Garnish it on top of sashimi. Apply directly on the fish fillets. Or put on the lemon. A little green sprout. After finishing the decoration, put them into the fridge immediately. Keep it cool if don’t eat it now. Here are some additions served together with sashimi. I will share my favorite eating style. Japanese style will be quite complex and unique. But eating sashimi like me is kinda Vietnames style. I love this way more, ‘cuz not easily get tired of. And very tasty. First must-have is nori (seaweed). My restaurant imports this pack included 100 nori sheets. This pack is so big. If you want smaller same size, just easily fold and cut it. Nori, done. Secondly, wasabi. The next must-have. Don’t ever buy wasabi tube at the market. The taste is not good and expensive too. You should buy wasabi powder if you eat it often at home. It will look like this. Japanese restaurant always use this powder or grated wasabi. I usually use grated wasabi in America. When in Vietnam, I use wasabi powder instead. 1 tablespoon wasabi powder and 1 tablespoon water. Mix them up, and we will get the product. Look like this. Especially shrimp eggs, whether having it or not, still ok. The flavor will be better with this leaf. It’s perilla. Japanese has a plant eaten with sashimi, called shiso, also a ‘grandchildren’ of this leaf. Perilla is more aromatic, stronger and remove fishy smell well. If you can’t eat sashimi or raw fish, you should eat it together with shiso or perilla. Lemon. An indispensable ingredient. Lemon and espicially, soy sauce. Whatever, but kikkoman soy sauce is the best suit. The light one. Let’s eat. Now I will bring this plate out side. Plus other fish dishes served for a friend of mine. Oh he’s my close brother. He is also my senior in my career. He has been working for 55 years, so fantastic. Follow me. Lady and gentlemen, my special guest today is my close bro. My idol as well. My mom’s idol too. My children also like him a lot. You all know him. He is… famous singer Tuan Ngoc. Hello again. Welcome you to Pop Lounge restaurant. I’m so glad to know you are back to Vietnam. And have some music shows, so I bring you here. Me really want to get robbed. How funny it is. Fate tie me with restaurants. Not exactly. But actually Vietnamese audiences. I love doing what make them happy. Today, I will show you a dish at my Pop Lounge restaurant. In addition to popular steaks, there is a dish loved by all customers. called sashimi. – It’s in the menu right?
– Yes. It is in the menu. So you just add it in? Actually, it just appeared in my menu for around 3 months, before only beef steaks. You know, I import the fish from America. – America?
– That’s right. This is tuna fillet, yellow tail type. But made from Japan. Japanese prepare the fish, store in vacuum zipper bags, then freeze and ship them over the world. It is sashimi grade. Guaranteed freshness and sweetness. Now I invite you to taste my dish. Before eating it, I want you to make the sauce. Doing it before you roll the sashimi. This is kikkomen sauce, from Japan. I will add a bit wasabi. Add more if you want to eat spicy. I like sourness so I will squeeze a bit lemon. Adding lemon or not, it’s up to you. I don’t it much, but today I will try. Try it please. I want to tell you that, this is my own eating style, not from Japan or any person. You must be very creative. – You are an artist also.
– The reason why I love cooking, that cooking is also like acting. So creative, for example. Some Vietnamese traditional dishes, like sour fish soup, or braised fish. Your mom and my mom have different recipes. Me another recipe. Each day, I can cook in every different way. A little fish sauce also change the dish. Reduce fish sauce, add more sugar, taste will change. Either putting vegetable before or after water boiling is different thing. So, kitchen is a great place to creat your own food. I create food for my audiences. I would be really happy if you love my dish. Like a big applause for my play, I’m so happy. I often eat like this. I pick a nori sheet. There is a Japanese mint served with it, do you know that? I love it! But it’s not from Japan, it is grandma of Japanese shiso. Actually, it’s perilla. Japanese shiso also can be found, but we rarely see them. They are from the same plant family. I heard that it’s good for health. Yeah, both of them are the same family. This plant has stronger flavor and more aroma. So Japanese only eat shiso? Because, there are no perilla there. But same same. Like eating Pho without bean sprouts in the Nothern Vietnam, no bean sprouts planted. They don’t like it. Yeah. Then, I pick a fish slice. Take yours too. I dip it into soy sauce first. Add a bit shrimp eggs. Done. I just follow your step. Then roll it. You can dip into soy sauce. But I did that before, so unnecessary. Sashimi roll is so fresh and clean. I will eat it up. So good. Is it? I have never imagined eating like this. Amazing. Super delicious! Really good! I know that you visited Japanese restaurants so much. They also have sashimi roll with cooked rice or sticky rice. For me, I will order a bowl of white rice seperately. Grab a little rice. So yummy! Because this nori sheet was cut small enough. So we can’t put all rice, fish and vegetable together. – I love eating sashimi more than sushi!
– Yeah! This sashimi… Eat the best part of the fish. – It contains 70% fat.
– Belly right? A big whole fillet, but the middle part is heaven. The back part is less fatty. – All of them are belly?
– Right. In Japanese restaurant, it is called Hamachi. – Really?
– Yeah. – Its Japanese name right?
– Yes. One more bite? So tasty. Eating it more will help you be healthier. Because you’re still ‘young’, still singing and running music shows. The more you eat such a healthy dish, the healthier you are. I always like eating fish more than meat. Yes. More shrimp eggs. How often do you eat sashimi a week? I eat a sashimi roll each week at least. Me and my wife do so. A sashimi weighs about 1.5 pounds. – A total plate?
– No, just 2 slices. – Oh really?
– Yeah, 1,5 pounds indeed. What a beautiful roll! – Wish I could do for you too.
– Lemon also taste good. It is. Now, let’s eat them up then drink. Another roll. Yummy. I like recording like this.