What Sushi do Japanese people LIKE and DISLIKE? The answers might surprise you!
Salmon roe. I can’t eat squid. That’s not real sushi! Hey guys this is Cathy Cat. What is your favorite type of sushi? That’s what we are gonna ask a couple of Japanese people. Let’s go and Ask Japanese. What’s your favorite type of sushi? Tuna! Flounder’s edge. I like squid. Shrip. Salmon. Salmon roe. You are such a child. Salmon roe and sea urchin. Which sushi do you dislike? Tuna! It tastes of blood. Shellfish. Scallops and such. Kappa maki! I don’t understand why there are cucumbers in sushi! I dislike squid! I can’t eat salmon roe. I can’t deal with the weird squishiness. – Sea urchin
– I don’t like sea urchins and silver skin fish. I don’t like horse mackerel and mackerel. I can’t eat salmon. You are core opposites! Can you eat salmon roe? Not at all! If you buy a plate of sushi, with salmon and salmon roe you never will fight over a piece.
– Yeah we won’t! Anything else you can’t eat? Apart from salmon, I don’t eat any sushi at all. – And what about fried fish?
– Fried fish is ok. I can’t eat salmon. I don’t really like fish. – How about you?
– I can’t eat salmon either. It has to be cooked before I will eat it. I don’t think you should eat salmon raw. That’s a surprise. Salmon is one of the most popular sushi abroad. That’s what they say. Recently you can see some weird and strange sushi, right?! Tell me some! Some that have deep fried chicken in it. Deep fried chicken! Deep fried chicken sushi! – I have seen those.
– And meat balls! I have seen meatball sushi! At running sushi they sometimes have meatball sushi. That surprised me. Meatball sushi floats. -You have seen those meat ball battle ship sushi, right?! – Yeah. That’s not real sushi! Meat sushi. Avocado sushi. Hamburger bits on top of sushi. Sushi with eggplant on top is not sushi. – There are also crepe sushi!
– What?! They sometimes have those, right?! Crepe sushi… that’s just crepe. Potato salad sushi. – What was it again? Potato salad sushi?
– Where did you see that? I have seen it at Sushi Rou and Kurazushi. They are said to be nice though. Those were all the questions. Thank you. Favorite type of sushi, that was interesting to see. We had tuna, we had shrimp and a couple of other sushi. With the salmon, we had an interesting take on that Some people loved salmon, some people loved salmon roe and the people who loved salmon vice versa didn’t really like the other. Salmon roe is actually the eggs of the salmon which is interesting. How about you? Which sushi do you like? Which sushi do you dislike? Also, what is the weirdest sushi that you have seen in your country? I know abroad there are a couple of sushi that you cannot get in Japan. Let us know your weirdest sushi! We asked Japanese people more questions! So click the top right of the screen to find those questions. Thank you for watching and catch you soon on Ask Japanese!